Over the last decade, The Lobby has become one of the premier gatherings of the thought leaders in the digital media ecosystem. The Lobby is an "unconference." There are no speakers. There are no panels. Rather, the conference is designed to encourage open and honest conversation among an amazing group of attendees.
Once a year, for three days, we bring together an invite-only group of around 200 highly accomplished people to have great conversations and engage in meaningful interactions. The Lobby is designed to maximize open and honest conversation, as well as nurture long-term relationships. People leave the Lobby more informed, more engaged, and more connected.
The Lobby has gathered the thought leaders from the start-up world (Twitter, Tumbler, StumbleUpon, Uber, Dropbox, etc.), the digital media powerhouses (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, eBay, Amazon, etc.), and traditional media outlets (CBS, MTV, Turner, Lifetime, Fox, Universal Music, etc.) along with leading venture capitalists gather to talk about the future of digital media.
From its inception, the Lobby has been entirely off-the-record. As a result, attendees are willing to speak more freely and collaboratively about the topics that are most important to them. The hallmark of the Lobby is open and honest conversation, and the event is designed to nurture those discussions.
The Lobby and the new Lobby:Enterprise are both curated and hosted by David Hornik, a partner at venture capital firm August Capital. David has spent a decade and a half nurturing startups in both consumer and enterprise software. He is the author of the first venture capital blog, VentureBlog, and the first venture capital podcast, VentureCast. In addition to his day job as a venture capitalist and conference organizer, David is a lecturer at Harvard Law School and teaches periodically at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, Stanford Law School, and Stanford’s School of Engineering.
- The Lobby 2007 – The Fairmont Orchid, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2008 – The Fairmont Orchid, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2009 – The Fairmont Orchid, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2010 – The Fairmont Orchid, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2011 – Four Seasons, Punta Mita, Mexico
- The Lobby 2012 – Four Seasons, Punta Mita, Mexico
- The Lobby 2013 — Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2014 — The Ritz Carlton Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii
- The Lobby 2015 — The Ritz Carlton Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii